Sunday, April 15, 2007






Models (above) in Matteo's Performance Piece





Matteo at left welcoming his audience.
Matteo above congratualting his
models.
Above are photos from the final project of Matthew Quinones, senior art major at Saint Joseph's University. His performance piece , using the model of a fashion show, celebrated the presence of the youthful human figure in the urban environment and the clothes that they wear.
Matthew has a burning desire to bring the love of God to the young people of the urban streets. So he was happy to stage this performance piece in the Chapel of Saint Joseph's University.
As an upper classman this young man came to a gathering of incoming freshmen students of color and gave a short presentation. He startled me by proclaiming this: "People call me a spic and a faggot; but I know who I am. Jesus calls me by different names: priest, prophet and king!" People do not fail to notice this young man!

No comments: