Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Sunday, September 05, 2010
I am sorry to be absent from the blog for the balance of the summer. The pictures are of Bar Harbor taken from Cadillac Mountain and of some of our class of 2014 being welcomed by the class of 2011. It was a great summer for me, out of the city for a number of reasons:
- June trip to Jesuit Secondary Education Association Colloquium at Santa Clara University. I was with a dozen faculty and staff members from SJP and we joined over 400 participants from over 40 Jesuit high schools in North America
- July trip to Maine with three sisters and brother in law. We spent time on a beach, fished for mackerel that obliged us as usual by jumping on to our hooks, made a collection of beach glass, visited Acadia National Park, watched movies, steamed lobsters and hosted our Maine friends, Peter and Kathy Watko and their sons, Brian and Pete.
- August trip to Germantown Philadelphia with seven of our seniors on a service trip to the Vincentian ministries in that part of the city. Terrific young men that confirm the mission of the Prep.
- August trips to Avalon and Margate for Masses with Prep grads and friends.
- August trip to Wernersville for retreat
- August trip to see the Phils lose to Houston during their nervous August slump
- Back to school now with 987 boys, 275 freshmen of whom 63 are from Philly and Camden.
Some summer photos now available on picasaweb!http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=Helencohalan&target=ALBUM&id=5513486146932999953&authkey=Gv1sRqCPeegbUlrebcQ&feat=email