Saturday, November 11, 2006


I visited Elvis in Cleveland at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum . I took this picture of several of my Jesuit brothers, many of us from my same era, the era that marveled at the new sounds through the decades.

The museum is almost worth a trip to Cleveland! Really! The material is wonderfully set out...including lots of stuff and costumery that belonged to the King.

But best of all there is music. Headphones all over the place so that you can hear the sources of rock and roll in black and country music. The artistic founders of rock and roll are featured regardless of their fame or fortune.

1 comment:

Teresa S. said...

The Rock n’Roll Hall of Fame is on my “bucket” list of things to see as well. My late husband was born in Youngstown, OH and I would like to see his house. If ever I get the chance, I will merge the two trips. I’m glad you enjoyed it. You’ve inspired once again to consider the trip as museums re-open from the pandemic.