Sunday, October 14, 2018

Plowman-Kasper Wedding


PLOWMAN-KASPER WEDDING



The Wedding Cake with the Unity Candle ready for lighting.



Andrew Thomas Plowman and Jessica Helen Kasper






Great Uncle Frank with the bride



Some of my contribution to the wedding ceremony:   "....... while we in the congregation focus on this couple today, let’s not forget their parents: Kathleen and Keith and Tom and Ellen.   Without their steadfast love, without their commitment to their children, today never comes into being.   Yes, we celebrate today the blessings that these three couples are to one another and to us.    Be consoled because these marriages are God’s way that we, too, all of us witnesses get a share in their blessings both now and in the future.    Beyond these three couples representing two generations of family, we have present here grandparents.  And some of us knew great grandparents and great-great grandparents, all of these ancestors wonderful family members.   Jessica, I and some others here, when youngsters,  knew some of your great-great grandparents.   I have a photo of myself with your great-great grandmother, Elizabeth.   And photos, too, of myself with great grandparents, grandparents and parents.  You represent for me a fifth generation.     I just put on my personal bucket list a photo op with a member of the sixth generation.   But Andrew and Jessica, no pressure.   I’m feeling healthy.  But I am reluctant to count on the other fifth generation members in my family....."   


But here are some of the 5th gens with the bride; some of the family can certainly count on them but my time is relatively short!

    

No comments: