Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Jesuit Vows August 13, 2016 Jonathan Pennacchia

Each year young men after two years of formation as Jesuit novices, take vows of poverty, chastity and obedience in the Society of Jesus. This past Saturday, August 13th,  nine young men joining the two east coast provinces took such vows.

Here am I with one of the men, Jonathan Pennacchia.   I got to meet Jonathan during his spring-time mission at Gesu School in Philadelphia, a school where I also worked some years ago.

He surprised me when I saw him after the vow ceremony on that Saturday because he was wearing a Gesu School lapel pin, one that I had a part in designing some 25 years ago.   

Thanks, Jonathan, for your outstanding service at Gesu School and for your years ahead on mission as a Jesuit.

No comments: