Saturday, December 30, 2006

MERION PARK


This pictures the turn-around point of one of my usual 2-mile walks. Running I must do on the university track but walking off the edge of the campus and to this small Merion Park is a quick refresher. The mild winter to this date allowed me to pack in some December miles and I will have completed 600 miles for the year 2006 by midnight tomorrow. If I wanted to walk and run these miles all at once, I could make it to Detroit in less than six days!

My doctor tells me that this is great exercise and works wonders for my blood pressure and cholesterol count. But still, when I asked about how much ice cream I could eat, he replied, "Keep walking away from the ice cream." Alas! This exercise is like a treadmill. I don't dare get off because I'd gain 60 lbs. next year.


No comments: